Useful information about the organization of the conference
Activities during the conference
The conference will include various opportunities for individuals to participate in.
- Joint meetings:
- Keynotes presentations and discussions
- Discussion panel: Current Issues in Teacher Education
- Conference sessions to be chosen by participants:
- Five parallel sessions of paper or poster presentations held in eight virtual rooms
- Two symposium sessions, each comprised of two separate symposia held in two virtual rooms
- Several RDC meetings, devoted to discussions in thematic teams and planning further joint work (the number of the meetings vary depending on the RDC). These meetings provide opportunities to get acquainted with the subject and specificity of the work of the RDC community and are helpful in making a decision about joining a particular group. Activities within RDCs can vary from shared research, EU funded projects, preparations of shared publications (e.g. a thematic issue of the European Journal of Teacher Education).
- A session called The Newcomers Meeting aimed only at participants attending an ATEE conference for the first time. This meeting is scheduled on the first day of the conference.
- Workshop How to publish in the EJTE, given by Prof. Maria Assunção Flores & Dr. Anja Swennen
- Coffee Rooms:
During our virtual conference we have added a special meeting place called Coffee Room to provide more space for interaction.
- Room 1 – thematic discussions related to the conference topics and current issues, will also allow for continuation of discussion following keynote addresses and parallel sessions.
- Room 2 – presentations of events, educational institutions from Warsaw, and the development of new ideas in education and teacher training.
Information for Participants, Presenters and Chairs
- At the latest 3 days before the conference, all participants will receive links to all conference events, such as keynotes, discussion panels, individual sessions, symposia, RDC’s meetings, and a cultural event. Links will be placed in the conference program for every session.
- When logging in to the ClickMeeting application, enter your full name. It will be helpful for other participants to be able to identify you during the discussion.
- For each conference event, you want to participate in, log in 5 minutes before its start. It will help you avoid any technical troubles that would take up the session time.
- If you are disconnected, take it easy and click the link in the program again.
- Remember that in the ClickMeeting application it is not possible to change or blur the background – your surroundings will be visible.
- Remember to mute the microphone and turn off the camera during the presentation of other participants – this is important for the quality of the broadcast.
- During discussions you can ask questions both in the chatbox or through the microphone.
- Joining parallel sessions and RDC meetings after they have started. We appreciate the challenges and logistics of attending a virtual conference. You may have a technical problem that delays you joining your preferred session, or your internet may go down whilst you are in a session. To ensure the sessions run smoothly and to time, we will allow you to join a parallel session or RDC meeting up to five minutes after it has started. After that, and to minimise disruptions to the presentations, you will have to wait for the chair to identify a convenient break to allow you into the ‘room’.
- Staying in a parallel session or RDC meeting once it has started. When attending conferences in person, you might have moved between rooms during parallel sessions to listen to the different papers you wanted to hear. Logistically, this is a challenge at a virtual conference. Also, it impacts on the presentations and the conversations that are taking place. Therefore, other than for technical reasons, for example, your internet goes own whilst you are attending a session, we ask that at this conference you stay in a session or meeting once it has started. Thank you for your understanding.
Presenters should arrive at their sessions with enough time to get settled and check for any technical difficulties they may have before the session begins. The session chair will be available to help in any way they can.
- As a paper presenter, you should prepare a multimedia presentation for your speech. We recommend that you save it in a pdf format and do not use animations.
- Please send the prepared presentation to the organizers by e-mail: email@example.com no later than 2 days before the presentation. In the filename, include the name of one of the authors and 2-3 words from the title, eg. Dobkowska_Let the fire burn. You should receive an acknowledgment of receipt of the message.
- Your presentation will be uploaded to disk and it will be waiting for you on the day of the presentation. The maximum file size is 500 MB.
- In the parallel sessions 2, 3, or 4 papers will be presented. The time frame for each presentation will be 20 minutes including discussion.
- The Poster Session takes place on Friday, 10 September 202116:00 – 17:30 CEST. As a poster presenter, you should prepare a poster. We recommend saving it in pdf format and not using any animations. The recommended file format is 1587×2245 px or 42×59 centimeters.
- Please send the prepared poster to the organizers by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 a.m. CEST time, 8th September 2021. In the filename, include the name of one of the authors and 2-3 words from the title, eg. Dobkowska_Let the fire burn. You should receive an acknowledgment of receipt of the message.
- Your posters will be posted on the conference platform and will be available to all conference participants.
- The plan of the poster session on 10th September (16.00-17.30 CEST) is as follows:
- You’re logging into the room where the session will take place.
- At 16.00 (4 p.m. CEST) there will be a short welcome and introduction.
- Then you’ll have your short presentations (max. time for one presentation is 5-6 minutes). Please keep the time limit.
- Every poster will be displayed directly from the platform by a staff member responsible for technical support at the conference.
- There’s time planned for Q&A after each presentation. You can ask the questions via the chatbox or verbally.
- After all presentations, questions and answers, there’s time planned for a short concluding discussion.
- As chair, you are asked to be present in your session at least 10 minutes before the session starts. It is important that the presentation stays on schedule and that every participant keeps their time allotment and that you allow the presenters to have a chance to check for any technical difficulties.
- Before starting the presentation, remind participants to turn off the microphone and camera. If any of the participants fail to do so, you can help them.
- If a presentation is cancelled, you may either use the time for a general discussion or extend the remaining presentations. If the discussion exceeds the allotted time, encourage discussion participants to move the discussion to the Coffee Rooms (which are included in the programme below).
- The conference will be held via the ClickMeeting platform. No additional programme is needed to log in to Clickmeeting, just open the link in your browser. In the programme that you will receive in a separate message, links will be provided to individual rooms according to the conference schedule.
- In each room there will be a person responsible for technical support. She/he will read the chat and help if necessary.
- Please, take care of a good internet connection and the quality of the connection during the presentation.
- During some meetings, you will not have access to cameras and microphones, and the presenter’s rights will be granted by the conference staff. However, during smaller meetings and debates it will be possible to turn on cameras and microphones. Each time before turning it on, you will be asked to agree to turn it on on the monitor screen. Without your permission, the camera and microphone will remain muted.
- In case of difficulties during a conference, it is possible to contact us by phone +48 730 770 410 or at the e-mail address email@example.com
- Since all conference presentations, poster session, and symposia will be held in the ClickMeeting application, please find attached the essential information and manuals regarding:
If you would like to learn more about the platform on which the conference will take place, you can visit the website: https://knowledge.clickmeeting.com/